The delivery ceremony took place at Tamano Works on October 25, 2017.
Bulk carrier Venezia is the 26th ship of MES “neo60BC” series and the third Eco-Ship in MES “neo series”.
|Length overall||199.99 m|
|Breadth (molded)||32.25 m|
|Depth (molded)||18.50 m|
|Deadweight||60,388 metric tons|
|Main Engine||MITSUI-MAN B&W 6S50ME-B9.3 Diesel Engine x1set|
|Service Speed||abt. 14.5 knots|
|Flag||Republic of Malta|
|Date of Delivery||25th October, 2017|
- The vessel has four (4) cranes and five (5) cargo holds, and keeps the superior usability of “Mitsui 56”.
- The vessel achieves over 60,000 deadweight with Panamax beam and keeps our neo56’s compatibility for ports and trade routes.
- The vessel is designed for loading various cargos like coal, ore, grain, as well as lengthy/heavy cargo such as steel pipe and hot coil.
- The new form of the bow and stern makes it possible to keep good performance in rough sea conditions as well as calm sea conditions and shows better maneuverability.
- The size of hatch opening is the largest for this type of vessel in terms of both length and width.
- Main Engine, MITSUI-MAN B&W 6S50ME-B9.3 Diesel Engine , complying with MARPOL NOx restriction (Tier-II) for exhaust gas emissions, gives superior fuel oil consumption over wide range of output.
- Considering strengthened restriction for SOx, the ship has low sulfur fuel oil tanks, which are designed for operation in ECA (Emission Control Areas).