After the extensive improvements and upgrades, Carnival Triumph returned in Galveston yesterday and is going to return to its service on 13th of June, 2013 (today), resuming its year-round schedule of 4- and 5-day cruise voyages to Mexico.
The company owner of the damaged Carnival Triumph cruise ship, Carnival has accomplished all needed repairs and invested thousands of man-hours and 115 million dollars to improve and upgrade the cruise ship Carnival Triumph. This enhancements include considerable improvements to the vessel’s emergency power capabilities, introducing new fire safety technology and improving the level of operating redundancies.
After the Carnival Triumph cruise ship experienced fire in the engine room in February 2013, Carnival Cruise Lines launched a comprehensive operational review of its whole fleet of 24 cruise liners. On the 17th of April, 2013 Carnival Cruise Lines announced a 300 million dollars fleetwide schedule to expand the availability of hotel services for the comfort of its passengers in the rare instance of a shipboard event, which involves the loss of power and to reinforce key shipboard operating systems to prevent a potential loss of primary power. The initiative for Carnival triumph includes:
- In order to avoid any future fire onboard, upgrades to the latest, most technologically advanced fire suppression systems.
- A 2nd emergency back-up generator on every cruise vessel to effectively power key hotel systems including toilets, lifts and food service equipment in the highly unlikely event of a loss of main power.
- Reconfiguration of key systems to provide redundancy in propulsion and main power supplies
Furthermore to those operational improvements, while in dry dock Carnival Triumph cruise ship obtained a lot of the latest Fun Ship 2.0 facilities and amenities, including:
- BlueIguana Cantina, a free-of-charge Mexican cantina with custom-made tacos and burritos, which may be personalized by diners at an extensive salsa and toppings bar.
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a complimentary poolside venue, which is serving fresh-made burgers and hand-cut fries created by Food Network personality and chef Guy Fieri.
- RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside Caribbean-themed watering hole, which is offering a diversity of the region’s top rums and beers in a laid-back island-infused atmosphere.
- Alchemy Bar, a cocktail “pharmacy” where highly trained mixologists create custom cocktails using interesting flavors and ingredients.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a lively and engaging poolside bar serving frozen cocktails and Mexican beers in a fun and festive environment.
- EA SPORTS Bar, an interactive sports-themed lounge where patrons are able to view live action, play popular EA SPORTS video games and keep up with the latest scores.