Framo pumps are being installed on 2 levels (in the cargo hold and on the deck level):
1. Electrical motor of Framo pump: the motor of the Framo pump is really safe, observed all precautions against explosion when installing on deck, secured with speed regulation and frequency controller.
2. Installation of Framo pump: The Framo pump electrical motor is adjusted on lube oil sump, which is installed with purging connections, stripping and cargo discharge connections.
3. Piping column of Framo pump: The Framo pump's piping column is being used to carry some pipes (main cargo pipe, stripping pipe, purging pipe, lube oil and shaft etc.) from deck to the cargo tank bottom.
4. Shaft and Bearings of Framo pump: The Framo pump's electrical motor is being attached to the pumps via stainless steel shaft. Since the shaft is long, intermediate bearings are placed along with bottom and top bearings inside the pump casing.
5. The Framo pump: The centrifugal pump is secured with double shaft seal with one shaft seal in contact with cargo/ oil and other with lubrication oil. The 2 shaft seals are divided by a cofferdam with a purging connection.
6. Purging Connection of Framo pump: Purging connection of the pump is to check the condition of shaft seal for leakage of cargo/ oil or lubricating oil. Purging is done by nitrogen or air. Interval of purging of Framo pump depends on cargo or leakage quantity of oil/cargo.
7. Lube oil Trunk of Framo pump: The lube oil of the pump is supplied from the sump to the intermediate bearing through a shaft tunnel right to the bottom and top bearings of the Framo pump.
Infographics of the Framo pump construction: