On Friday the 29th of April, 11.00 hrs, Ferus Smit's Nb. 420 will be launched in Leer, the company said in its press release. Nb. 420 will be christened as ‘Symphony Sun’, she is the fourth vessel in a series of 6 that will be delivered to Symphony Shipping.
Image: Ferus Smit
Symphony Sun is a vessel of ‘Ecobox’ design, which is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design features:
– Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr.
– 10500 DWT, 429.000 cft hold volume.
– Ice-class 1A with 3000 kW main engine.
– A large single hold of completely box shaped form.
– Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck.
– 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes.
– Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern.
– Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without main deck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions.
– The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions.
– Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power.
Source: Ferus Smit