She is the fourth vessel in a series of 6 that will be delivered to Symphony Shipping.
Symphony Sun is a vessel of Ferus Smit ‘Ecobox’ design, which is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design features:
– Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr;
– 10500 DWT, 429.000 cft hold volume;
– Ice-class 1A with 3000 kW main engine;
– A large single hold of completely box shaped form;
– Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck;
– 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes;
– Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern;
– Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without main-deck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions;
– The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions;
– Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power.
Source: Ferus Smit