- CMA CGM deploys 6 maritime services to meet the increased demand due to the start of the Moroccan citrus fruits and vegetables export season
- This unmatched offer provides Moroccan products export to strategic world consumption areas: Russia, North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- CMA CGM is a key player in the Moroccan economy
CMA CGM, a leading worldwide shipping Group, announced yesterday the deployment of its upgraded transportation offer to Morocco. It is specifically designed for the export of citrus fruits and vegetables.
Container ship CMA CGM Tosca - Image courtesy: Les Rickman
6 maritime services will provide Moroccan producers unparalleled export solutions with ten weekly calls in Moroccan ports
In conjunction with the beginning of the export season in Morocco for citrus fruits and vegetables, CMA CGM and its subsidiary OPDR place an unique offer on the market.
- Six maritime services allow linking of Morocco directly with the main areas of consumption (Russia, Europe, Middle East)
- 10 departures a week are offered from Morocco
- With 3 direct weekly lines (DUNKRUSS, AGAX and CISS), CMA CGM offers the best service to Northern Europe
- CMA CGM offers the best service to Russia with a direct weekly call on AGAX service
- With AGAPOV and NADOR MED EXPRESS CMA CGM offer a unique service to the market, connecting Morocco directly with Southern Europe
CMA CGM provides the services for the export of Moroccan goods towards strategic consumption areas around the world
Under the CMA CGM brand, the Group will directly connect Morocco to France, Spain, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates, through to 3 weekly services:
- The new NADOR MED EXPRESS service directly links Nador, located at the center of a clementine producing region, to the French ports of Port Vendres and Marseille, with the best transit times on the market. Thanks to the CMA CGM intermodal offer, transport solutions towards France, Italy and Switzerland will be offered to Moroccan exporters.
Its rotation is: Nador, Port-Vendres, Marseille.
- The AGAPOV service directly connects Morocco to Spain and the South of France, with the best transit times on the market between Agadir, Port Vendres (3.5 days) and Marseille (5 days).
Its rotation is: Casablanca, Agadir, Port Vendres, Marseille, Barcelona, Valencia.
- The EPIC2 line offer a direct connection from the Tanger Med hub to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, the second largest Moroccan citrus fruits consumers worldwide (9 days to Jeddah, 15 days to Jebel Ali).
Its rotation is: Tanger Med, Cagliari, Jeddah, Khor Al Fakkan, Jebel Ali, Port Qasim, Nhava Sheva, Mundra, Jeddah, Cagliari, Tanger Med, Hamburg, Antwerp, London Gateway Port.
CMA CGM and OPDR, a Group’s subsidiary specialized in short-sea transportation, offer 3 services linking Morocco to Northern Europe and Russia:
- The CISS service directly links Morocco to England and Northern Europe. It offers the best transit times to the United Kingdom by calling Tilbury in 5 days from Casablanca.
Its rotation is: Agadir, Casablanca, Gibraltar, Algesiras, Lisbon, Lexies, Rotterdam, Tilbury, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Tilbury, St. Cruz de Tenerife, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- The AGAX service links Morocco with Northern Europe and Russia. A direct call in Saint Petersburg is now offered and serves the biggest consumer market of citrus fruits, as well as a call in Rotterdam with the best transit times on the market (4.5 days from Agadir).
Its rotation is: Casablanca, Agadir, Rotterdam, Saint-Petersburg, Rotterdam, Le Havre, Rouen, Tanger Med.
- The DUNKRUS service directly links Morocco to Northern Europe main ports with the best transit times on the market. Portsmouth and Dunkirk are linked in respectively 4.5 and 5.5 days from Agadir. Russia is also linked via Rotterdam.
Its rotation is: Hambourg, Rotterdam, Anvers, Casablanca, Agadir, Tanger Med, Portsmouth, Dunkerque, Rotterdam, Hamburg.
Source: CMA CGM