Technip has been awarded an engineering and project management services contract by Shell Australia. This contract will provide multi-disciplinary engineering and design services in support of the Prelude FLNG project, and will allow the smooth delivery of brownfield engineering scope as the project moves into operations.
Under the contract, Technip will provide a comprehensive suite of services, including:
- Concept, FEED(1), detailed and follow-on engineering services,
- Procurement services,
- Construction management services,
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning and hand-over services,
- Operational testing support,
- Scope and portfolio management services including cost and planning support, and document management and control,
- Specialist engineering support to supplement Shell Australia’s team.
Technip’s operating center in Perth, Western Australia will lead, manage and deliver the contracted work, providing local expertise for a local solution.
Nello Uccelletti, President Onshore Offshore, Technip, commented: “We are delighted to continue Technip’s close relationship with Shell on the flagship Prelude FLNG project. Our leadership in FLNG leverages our integrated approach and the combination of our technologies and capabilities in the subsea, offshore and onshore business. This award recognizes our long term relationship with Shell as well as our strong presence in Australia developing local engineering and project management capabilities.”
Fast Facts: Technip and the Prelude FLNG project
- Detailed design of the innovative facility was undertaken by the Technip Samsung Consortium at Technip’s operating centres in Paris, France, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and it is being built at the Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) shipyard in Geoje, Korea.
- Vessels from the Group’s fleet will be used for the offshore campaigns, including the Deep Energy and the Deep Orient.
- Video « Building the future of LNG »
- Video « The making of a giant »