While Global Vega was sailing from the port of Acajutla, El Salvador, to the port of Callao, Peru, the vessel came upon a fishing boat having engine trouble. Food and fresh water were provided to the fishermen and their boat was moored to Global Vega. Afterward, the fishermen and their boat were safely delivered to the Peruvian Coast Guard.
About Global Vega:
- Captain: Arturo F. Ignacio (Filipino)
- Flag: Panama
- Crew: 22 seafarers
- Gross Tonnage: 32,370 tons
- Type of Vessel: Bulk Carrier
- Shipowner: NYK Bulk & Projects Carriers Ltd.
- Ship-management: NYK Shipmanagement Pte Ltd.