- 41 services, 331 containerships deployed and a capacity of 3.1 million TEUs
- 121 ships deployed by the CMA CGM Group
- Powered by CMA CGM's expertise and unique global offer: a strong and complete intermodal and logistics offer combined to a range of new added-value services
CMA CGM Group, a world leader in maritime transport, announced yesterday the start of the Ocean Alliance Day Two Product. Based on the success of Ocean Alliance, the Ocean Alliance Day Two Product strengthens CMA CGM’s service offering by providing even better services and upgrades to the Group’s customers.
The Ocean Alliance Day Two Product has a carrying capacity of around 3.1 million TEUs (Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit) with 331 containerships deployed on 41 services. CMA CGM will continue to play a major role within the alliance, deploying a fleet of 121 ships.
The evolution of Ocean Alliance highlights the commitment of its members to optimize their offering by adding new services to serve customers even better:
- 20 Transpacific services, 4 Transatlantic services, 6 Asia-North Europe services, 4 Asia-Mediterranean services, 5 Asia-Middle East Gulf services, 2 Asia-Red Sea services;
- on the Transatlantic trade, the new offering provides an increased coverage of the East Coast of the United States with a new service: Independence Bridge;
- offers a direct service from North China & South Korea to the Red Sea;
- continues to optimize and upgrade its offering with additional ports of call.
CMA CGM’s expertise and range of new added-value services
CMA CGM customers will be able to enjoy the new range of products and services developed by the Group as part of its Customer Centricity strategy:
- SERENITY By CMA CGM: a new set of products aimed at offering simpler, faster and customized solutions to secure our customers’ business. SERENITY allows customers to manage supply chain risk more efficiently and at a lower cost. With Cargo Value Serenity, the first product launched in this new range, CMA CGM covers any kind of cargo incident no matter who is responsible,
- REEFLEX: a brand new container technology that enables the refrigerated carriage of liquids. This is the most efficient and cost-effective transportation mode for beverages, semi-finished or even raw material,
- online payment: already available in the USA via our e-commerce platform, allows our customers to complete a full transaction, from booking to payment, using our eBusiness portal,
- inland tariffs: a new tool to search for the best tariffs and intermodal solutions.
An additional intermodal and logistics offer proposed by CMA CGM and its subsidiaries
In addition to the 41 maritime services, CMA CGM and its subsidiaries offer their customers a unique offer of land solutions and logistics in each of the countries involved. This offer which includes road, rail and inland waterway options, represents a complete solution that will integrate the whole supply chain allowing door-to-door offers.
With this new offer, CMA CGM customers will enjoy the expertise and global offer of a leading shipping company that puts their needs and expectations at the center of its strategy and development.
On the occasion of the launch of the Ocean Alliance Day Two Product, Olivier Nivoix, Senior Vice President Ocean Alliance Lines, stated: “Since its launch last year, Ocean Alliance has been a great success from a customer perspective. We are pleased to start this new chapter with our Day Two Product, which perfectly illustrates our customer centric strategy. By improving our services and offering our range of new added-value solutions, we continue to go beyond regular business relations with our customers by offering them an experience that meets their needs and expectations in order to build with them the shipping of tomorrow.”
Source: CMA CGM