Fleet Positions API
Provides the latest AIS position and voyage data for a fixed list of vessels.
VesselsList API service provides the latest position and voyage data for a predefined list of ships in JSON or XML format. Ship position data is gathered by Terrestrial AIS stations (T-AIS) or Satellites (S-AIS) which ensure global coverage.
This service grants access to three different datasets, depending on customer’s needs:
- AIS dataset - coordinates, course, speed, heading, current draught, destination, ETA, name, callsign, IMO, MMSI, AIS type, dimensions
- Voyage dataset – origin port name and locode, country, time of departure
- Master dataset – detailed type, flag, year of build, builder, ownership, capacity, dimensions
What does it cost?
Access to the data is provided on a subscription basis, for a fixed monthly fee. The subscription fee depends on various factors:
- number of tracked ships;
- frequency of position updates;
- source of position data (T-AIS or S-AIS);
- provided dataset
Sample use cases
1) You would like to receive regular position updates every 1 minute for your fleet of 20 vessels. Through VesselsList API service you have to request data from the API. Each API response will provide you the latest AIS position data for all your 20 vessels in JSON or XML format.
2) You would like to monitor the world trade flow of LNG thus you need position updates for the whole LNG tanker ships’ fleet every 6 hours. Each API response will provide you the latest position and voyage data for all LNG tankers reported by the T-AIS or S-AIS network.