Nb. 421 named as ‘Symphony Spirit’ is the fifth vessel in a series of 6 that will be delivered to Symphony Shipping.
Symphony Spirit is a vessel of our ‘Ecobox’ design, which is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design features:
- Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr.
- 10500 DWT, 429.000 cft hold volume.
- Ice-class 1A with 3000 kW main engine.
- A large single hold of completely box shaped form.
- Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tween-deck.
- 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes.
- Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern.
- Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without main-deck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions.
- The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better-sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions.
- Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power.
Source: Ferus Smit