Torghatten Trafikkselskap’s new ferry MF Hornstind was named in a ceremony in Brønnøysund on August 25th. Godmother was Hilde Nielsen Forbergskog.
The ferry has already been in operation for over a month in the route Tjøtta-Forvik, and it has been well received by both crew and passengers.
The ferry can load 60 cars and 249 passengers. For reduced environmental footprint, the ferry is equipped with battery systems with shore charging capability. The battery systems also enable optimal operation of the diesel generators.
MM 63 FC Main Dimensions:
- Length, over all: ~69.90 m
- Breadth, moulded: 14.20 m
- Depth, moulded main deck: 5.55 m
- Summer draft: 3.90 m
- Cars: 60 (incl. 10 on a hoistable deck)
- Passengers: 250 Persons
- Gross Tonnage: 2872 GRT
- Class: DnV 1A1, CAR FERRY A, E0, R3 (NOR)
- Name: Hornstind
- Yard: Fiskerstrand Verft AS new building 83
- Owner: Torghatten Trafikkselskap AS
- Delivered: June 2017
Source: Multi Maritime