The CMA CGM Group, a leader in container shipping, is launching an innovative offer to connect Morocco more quickly to Europe: Morocco Express 1/2/3. This service is an extremely competitive alternative to road transport transiting through Spain thanks to its reliability and to the reduction of the environmental footprint.
3 different rotations for optimized service
The Morocco Express is composed of 3 loops between Morocco and the South of Europe:
- Loop 1: weekly service on a fixed day, available throughout the year. It connects Casablanca and Tangier to Marseille with 3 departures per week from Morocco on a ship with a capacity of 180 trailers.
- Loop 2: weekly service on a fixed day, available throughout the year. It connects Tangier to Marseille and Genoa with 2 departures each week from Southern Europe on a ship with a capacity of 180 trailers.
- Loop 3: weekly service on a fixed day, available from November to April. It connects the port of Tangier to Port-Vendres with 1 departure per week from Tangier on a ship with a capacity of 65 trailers.
CMA CGM also offers a complete door-to-door service, with rail connections to Marseille, Genoa and Port-Vendres.
An offer combining reliability and respect for the environment
This new service allows the loading of goods transported in trailers or containers, on specific ro-ro ships (Roll-on, Roll-off) between Morocco and Southern Europe.
This mode of transport combines:
- Faster: only 36 hours separate Tangier and Marseille, for example
- More secure: less risk of delay and accidents on the way
- Simpler: ships suitable for transporting trailers
- More regular: with several departures per week for each loop
- Environmental compliance: the Morocco Express service reduces CO2 emissions by 43% compared to road transport transiting through Spain. Thus, 64 000 tons of CO2 can be saved each year by giving priority to shipping by sea.
Source: CMA CGM