Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. (K-Line) reports that the MAKASSAR HIGHWAY, owned by its subsidiary and operated by its European subsidiary company, "K" Line European Sea Highway Services GmbH (KESS), ran aground at offshore of Sweden on the way to Sodertalije port in Sweden from Cuxhaven port in Germany at 07:21 on July 23 (local time).
It is confirmed that all crew members are safe and no cargo onboard the vessel is damaged, while some damages on the hull are noted. The details of the incident including oil leakage are currently under investigation and will be updated.
- Vessel name: MAKASSARY HIGHWAY
- Vessel type: Vehicle Carrier (1,200 units)
- Registration: Panama
- Built: 2001
- Crew: 18 Polish crew members
- Specification: LOA 139M, Breadth 23.2M, Gross Tonnage 17,735MT
- Registration Company: MAKASSAR HIGHWAY SHIPPING S.A.
- Ship management company: Stargate Shipmanagement GmbH