People mostly travel in train, plane, or bus. However, this isn’t the most fun way to travel. If you plan to enjoy your journey just as much as your destined city, the boat ride can be a good option. It has already become quite popular in France, Greece, Croatia, and many other places. However, there are ample of choices from luxurious yacht cruises to bareboat sailing. The question is which boat you should when you go sailing for the first time.
One of the iconic choices is a sailing yacht. However, gulets are gaining momentum with time.
Things to Know about Gulets
If you are new to this, you will not know what is a gulet. It is a conventional boat that was introduced in Turkey. This is made from wood and created in Bodrum or Marmaris. To sail, it depends on the engine and not the sails. Let’s take a look at the characteristics of a gulet.
- The length of the gulet depends on the number of passengers it can hold but is usually between 11-15 meters. Gulets are more spacious in comparison to sailing boats. It comes with cabins which have their washrooms. They can also have other amenities such as air-conditioners, wardrobes, and dressers. There are separate cabins for crews. It has a stern area where you and others can gather. Hence, it is designed for optimum comfort.
- Gulets are just like a hotel has well-trained staff. You will not get a gullet without an assigned crew consisting of a captain, sailors, and a chef. Thus, you can bask in the sun without worrying much.
- It is a little more expensive in comparison to sailing boats. Taking into account the amount of luxury you enjoy, it is worth it.
Things to Know about Sailing Yachts
These are the most common type of boats. Anyone who thinks of sailing thinks of a sailing boat. This is a small boat that has its sails spread out and is propelled by the wind instead of an engine. Check out the characteristics of a sailing yacht.
- Sailing boats are less spacious and much less amenities than the previous option. However, it is quite popular among the sailors. In case you want the real experience of being out into the ocean and sailing through the wind, you will have to go for a sailboat. This will give you a hands-on experience. Even if you are a first-timer, you are going to love the thrill that it provides.
- It is not passive enough being on a sailing boat. There isn’t any option to sunbathe all the time instead you will have to be more involved in your journey. A majority of the time, a sailing yacht is rented without a crew. However, you have the option to hire a skipper and a chef.
- Sailing boats come at a cheaper price. Since they do not have engines, you will not have to pay for the fuel. Nevertheless, there are other expenses such as supplies, food, and port taxes.
To decide, consider your budget, the trip length, and the people you will travel with. If you can splurge and have kids and seniors, gulets are the best choice. However, if you have a low budget and want to choose adventure instead of convenience opt for a sailing yacht.