CMA CGM announced on Thursday (Aug27) the implementation of a new Shortsea Med service, the faster ever maritime bridge between Western Turkey & West Med: TMX – TURKEY MED EXPRESS starting as from Friday, September 18th, 2020 ex Gebze port.
- This sustainable option aiming at optimizing Customers' transportation lead-time, frequency* and costs is a consistent alternative to traditional Truck flows.
- CMA CGM strong intermodal network combined with shortened vessels port stay (< 10 hrs), Express Terminal Gate in / Cut off and a special container equipment fleet of 45’ Pallet Wide will foster an optimized supply chain dynamic. As an example : Door-to-Door Izmir → Valencia would be possible within 5 days lead-time.
- This Turkey → Spain / France Express service will provide new gateway possibilities to route cargo destined to other Western Europe locations (Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Holland).
*NB : this service will come in addition to our already existing service MARMARA EXPRESS.
TMX features are the following:
- Fleet : 2 vessels x 750 - 800 TEUS nominal capacity
- Rotation : GEBZE / AMBARLI / ALIAGA / VALENCIA / BARCELONA / MARSEILLE / GEBZE
- Frequency : WEEKLY
- 1st W/B call - ETA GEBZE: Friday September 18th, 2020 - Voy. 0KF01W1MA
- 1st E/B call - ETA VALENCIA: Thursday September 24th, 2020 - Voy. 0KF02E1MA