MITSUI E&S SHIPBUILDING CO., LTD. (MES-S) completed and delivered an 87,000 dwt type bulk carrier M.V. "OCEAN GOLD" (Hull No.1988) at its Chiba Shipyard on 16th November, 2020 to OCEAN GOLD PTE. LTD., Republic of Singapore.
This is the 1st ship of MES-S "neo87BC", the seventh Eco-Ship line-up of Shipyard’s "neo series".
|Deadweight||87,635 metric tons|
|Main Engine||MITSUI-MAN B&W 6S60ME-C10.5-HPSCR Diesel Engine x 1set|
|Service Speed||abt. 14.5 knots|
- While focusing on the grain trade, especially in shallow-water ports in the North and South American continental rivers, the vessel is capable of handling the trade of coal, iron ore, and bauxite. Thus, the vessel provides excellent flexibility in ship allocation.
- Main Engine electronically controlled complies with MARPOL NOx restriction (Tier-III).
- Considering strengthened restriction for SOx, the vessel has multiple fuel oil tanks for switching of fuel oil.
- The newly developed hull form and energy-saving device make it possible to achieve high transport efficiency.
- It is the first neo series to apply the Harmonised Common Structural Rules (H-CSR).
- Compliance with the SOLAS Noise Code contributes to improve crew working and living environment.