Japanese shipbuilder Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (MES) completed and delivered a 60,000 dwt type bulk carrier PHOENIX RISING at its Chiba Works on 1st July, 2015 to Saville Shipping Corporation, Liberia.
This bulk carrier is the second vessel in the "neo60BC" ship design and the third in Eco-Ship line up of the Mitsui "neo series".
Special ship features:
- The vessel has 4 cranes and 5 cargo holds, and keeps the superior usability of "Mitsui 56";
- The vessel achieves over 60,000 deadweight with panamax beam and keeps our neo56's compatibility for ports and trade routes;
- The vessel is designed for loading various cargos like coal, ore, grain, as well as lengthy/heavy cargo such as steel pipe and hot coil;
- The new form of the bow and stern makes it possible to keep good performance in rough sea conditions as well as calm sea conditions and shows better maneuverability;
- The size of hatch opening is the largest for this type of vessel in terms of both length and width;
- Main Engine, MITSUI-MAN B&W Diesel Engine 6S50ME-B9.3, complying with MARPOL NOx restriction (Tier-II) for exhaust gas emissions, gives superior fuel oil consumption over wide range of output;
- Ship service speed is apx 14,5 knots.
Considering strengthened restriction for SOx, the ship has low sulfur fuel oil tanks, which are designed for operation in ECA (Emission Control Areas).
The vessel is designed in accordance with IACS Common Structural Rules.