Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (MES) completed and delivered a 60,000 dwt type bulk carrier M/V SBI POSEIDON (MES Hull No. 1911) at its Chiba Works on 13th September, 2016 to SBI Poseidon Shipping Company Limited, Marshall Islands, the company said in its press release.
This is the 14th ship of MES “neo60BC”, the third Eco-Ship line up of “neo series”.
Bulk carrier SBI POSEIDON - Image courtesy: uragasuido.opal.ne.jp
Length overall 199.99 m
Breadth (molded) 32.25 m
Depth (molded) 18.50 m
Gross Tonnage 34,507
Deadweight 60,432 metric tons
Main Engine MITSUI-MAN B&W Diesel Engine 6S50ME-B9.3 x1set
Service Speed abt. 14.5 knots
Complement 24 persons
Classification Society ABS
Date of Delivery 13th September, 2016
1.The vessel has four (4) cranes and five (5) cargo holds, and keeps the superior usability of “Mitsui 56”.
2.The vessel achieves over 60,000 deadweight with panamax beam and keeps our neo56’s compatibility for ports and trade routes.
3.The vessel is designed for loading various cargos like coal, ore, grain, as well as lengthy/heavy cargo such as steel pipe and hot coil.
4. The new form of the bow and stern makes it possible to keep good performance in rough sea conditions as well as calm sea conditions and shows better maneuverability.
5. The size of hatch opening is the largest for this type of vessel in terms of both length and width.
6. Main Engine, MITSUI-MAN B&W Diesel Engine 6S50ME-B9.3, complying with MARPOL NOx restriction (Tier-II) for exhaust gas emissions, gives superior fuel oil consumption over wide range of output.
7. Considering strengthened restriction for SOx, the ship has low sulfur fuel oil tanks, which are designed for operation in ECA (Emission Control Areas).
8. The vessel is designed in accordance with IACS Common Structural Rules.