Nb. 434 is christened as Symphony Provider. She is the second in a series of two ECOBOX DP2 vessels that will be delivered to Symphony Shipping. As add-on compared to the already delivered ECOBOX design, these ships are equipped with a DP2 (Dynamic Positioning) system which keeps the vessel within an exact position or heading limits, even in the most severe wind and wave conditions.
The main design features:
- Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 125 X 18.0 X 7.8 mtr.
- A propulsion system for DP2 operation with abt. ERN=92 performance. Consisting of 2 ducted azimuth thrusters aft, and 3 bow thrusters forward. Driven by 3 main engines of aggregate 7400 kW output in combined diesel-direct and diesel-electric configuration.
- 10500 DWT, 429.000 cft hold volume.
- A large single hold of completely box-shaped form.
- Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tween deck.
- 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes.
- Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern.
- Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without main deck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions.
- The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better-sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behaviour in harsh weather and sea state conditions.
Note: During the ship launch of the Symphony Provider at Ferus Smit in Leer, Germany an incident happened: While the stern of the vessel was already moving, the bow got stuck on the slipway. Due to the high friction, the ship stopped sloped on the slipway.
Source: Ferus Smit