On the occasion of the disputed incident of the ultra-large container ship Ever Given blocking the Suez Canal, the VesselFinder team made a video simulation of the movements of the ship in more detail, for some time before it got stuck in the canal and blocked the main artery of cargo flow between Asia and Europe.
This video shows that the obvious is not always true.
Meanwhile, the situation is still the same - heavy tugs have not been able to re-float the vessel despite efforts made until now, therefore SCA has recalled a dredger to the site to assist in re-floating the vessel.
- Suez Canal Reopens for traffic after Ever Given was Refloated
- “Challenge still ahead” to free container ship EVER GIVEN in Suez Canal
- Ever Given ship Successfully Refloated in Suez Canal, Video shows her floating
- UPDATE 8 on Ever Given - High tide offers Best chance of moving Ever Given tonight
- UPDATE7: Japanese owner Shoei Kisen of stranded Suez Canal ship aims to free vessel on Saturday
- UPDATE 6 on Suez Canal Blocked by Ever Given - Refloating attepts continue
- UPDATE 5 on Suez Canal Blocked by Ever Given - Steps to free the Ever Given?
- UPDATE 4 on Suez Canal Blocked by Ever Given - Japanese owner apologises, Refloating efforts Continue
- UPDATE 3 on Suez Canal Blocked by Ever Given - Photos and Videos
- UPDATE 1: Suez Canal Blocked by Huge container ship; The first attempt to refloat the vessel - unsuccessful
- Suez Canal Blocked by Huge container ship Ever Given